Be Present

Sunday, November 1, 2015



"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this, or the like of this." - Henry David Thoreau

Stress and anxiety is something I’m sure we all struggle with daily. This past week was particularly hard for me. With multiple tests, meetings, and my absolute best friend in the world upset with me, it was difficult to make it through. During class and at work I would just spend the entire time worrying about what I had to get done. It got to the point where I was so stressed about what was going to happen next I couldn't focus on what was actually happening in the moment. 

Thursday I was sitting in my room studying and I just couldn’t think anymore. So I decided just stop, put everything down, close my eyes, and breathe. I took deep breaths of good energy in and exhaled all my worries and negativity. Within just a minute, I already felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders. It was then I realized how important it is to just take a breath. By shifting my focus to the present, I instantly felt so much happier and alive. It’s amazing what an impact simply taking a second to breathe have. 

Doing this exercise made me realize how I should apply it to my daily life. By being present in every situation, it will make everything so much easier. The only thing you can control is your own thoughts, feelings, and actions.  This week I will go into the mindset of being present and positive.  The only moment we truly have is right here and right now- so embrace it! 

Stay beautiful,
Madeline



No comments :

Post a Comment

Free Blogger Design Made By The Dutch Lady Designs